*Important Message to Parents
As a teacher, I am committed to being a life-long learner. The 21st century classroom is one where teaching and learning is becoming wildly exciting. Today's technology has made ways of learning and demonstrating that learning more dynamic. With current technology, we are able to access more information than ever before, instantaneously. Creating various projects with digital tools enables the learner to focus on higher level thinking skills that involve applying, analyzing and evaluating information, rather than simply remembering and understanding. It is impossible for us to create something and learn nothing in the process. With this belief, I am running a fully digital and (virtually paperless) classroom.
Currently, all classrooms at our school are equipped with Apple TV and WiFi. All students at St. Paul School are expected to have an iPad, headphones and stylus in grades 4 to 6.
I am always available through email or twitter. I invite you to participate in this wonderful transformation of learning!
ECSD 21C Foundation Statement:
Students will be creative, digitally aware, critical-thinking global citizens, analysts, communicators and producers engaged in learning that is conceptual and authentic within a faith-based environment.
I wanted to share a story with you from Edmonton Journal: Students deliver care packages to Edmonton's less fortunate Students at St. Paul Catholic Elementary School, from kindergarten to Grade 6, handed out 100 care packages to Edmonton’s homeless on Thursday, May 11, 2017. https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/students-deliver-care-packages-to-edmontons-less-fortunate
*Sign up for your Flex Session by clicking here and signing in like you would to wifi
- Come to school with a charged iPad, Stylus, Headphones with inline mic (for dictation)
- Bring a water bottle
- Bring a healthy lunch and snacks
- Be polite and courteous to everyone
- Dress appropriately for the weather
- Bring your enthusiasm and creativity
- Sign up for Edmodo Parent account and link to child(ren)
- Check class website frequently to see what's new and to sign up to volunteer
- Email me, introduce yourself, and let me know if there is anything I should know about your child, or if you have any concerns
- Come to meet the teacher on Sept. 12th @6:30pm-8:00pm
- Check the "There's An App For That" section of this website to see if your child's iPad has the required apps in the "School Folder"